Because of the fact that clinical studies are conducted under significant varying conditions, adverse reaction rates noticed in the clinical studies of a drug can`t be compared to rates in the studies of another drug and may not present the rates noticed in practice.
The possible side effects of Lexapro (Escitalopram):
– skin rash or hives
– difficulty breathing
– swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
If you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction get emergency medical help.
If you have any new symptoms or worsening symptoms such as: anxiety, panic attacks, mood or behavior changes, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive , trouble sleeping, if you feel restless, more depressed, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself, you should call your doctor.
Call the doctor at once if you have any of the following serious side effects:
– trembles, shivering, muscle twitching or stiffness
– you have problems with balance or coordination
– confusion, agitation, sweating, rapid heartbeat
Less serious side effects
It may include:
– feeling nervous, restless, or unable to sit still
– drowsiness, dizziness
– headache, trouble concentrating
– nausea, heartburn, diarrhea
– dry mouth, ringing in your ears
– weight changes
– decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
The most frequently observed adverse reactions in patients who take Lexapro were nausea, ejaculation disorder, fatigue, insomnia, decreased libido, and anorgasmia.
Even if changes in sexual performance, sexual desire, and sexual satisfaction often happen as manifestations of a psyhical disorder, they may also be a result of pharmacologic treatment. In special, some evidence insinuates that SSRIs can cause such improper sexual experiences.
There are no suitable designed studies investigating sexual dysfunction with Lexapro(escitalopram) treatment.
The following additional side- effects are identified from reports of escitalopram oxalate received from around the world.
These side- effects have been chosen to include because of a combination of frequency of reporting, seriousness, or posible causal connection to escitalopram oxalate and have not been included in any list elsewhere in labeling.
Anyway, because these side- effects were reported from a population of doubtful size, it`s not always possible to forcibly estimate their frequency or state a causal relationship to drug exposure. These reactions include:
– Blood and Lymphatic System Disorders: anemia, aplastic anemia, hemolytic anemia, idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura etc.
– Endocrine Disorders: diabetes mellitus, hyperprolactinemia, SIADH.
– Cardiac Disorders: atrial fibrillation, cardiac failure, myocardial infarction, tachycardia, ventricular arrhythmia, ventricular tachycardia.
– Ear and labyrinth disorders
– Immune System Disorders: allergic reaction
– Hepatobiliary Disorders: fulminant hepatitis, hepatic failure etc.
– Gastrointestinal Disorder: gastrointestinal hemorrhage, pancreatitis, rectal hemorrhage.
– Nervous System Disorders: amnesia, cerebrovascular accident, convulsions, Parkinsonism, restless legs, seizures, syncope, tardive dyskinesia, tremor.
– Metabolism and Nutrition Disorders
– Pregnancy, Puerperium and Perinatal Conditions: spontaneous abortion.
– Psychiatric Disorders: acute psychosis, aggression, agitation, anger, anxiety, apathy, completed suicide, confusion, depersonalization, depression aggravated, delirium, delusion etc.
– General Disorders and Administration Site Conditions: asthenia, edema, fall, feeling abnormal.
– Vascular Disorders: deep vein thrombosis, hypertensive crisis, hypotension, thrombosis.
– Respiratory, Thoracic and Mediastinal Disorders
– Renal and Urinary Disorders
– Reproductive System and Breast Disorders: menorrhagia, priapism.
Others side-effects may occur because this is not a complete list. Go tell your doctor about any uncommon or annoying side effect.